Q: Bled clutch started my truck peddle died immediately and fluid poured out from the transmission, is it my slave cylinder?

My friend and I put a new clutch in and we bled it and as soon as I started the truck my clutch peddle went completely soft, then fluid started pouring out of my transmission, is my slave cylinder bad, what is the problem?

A: Hello. If your clutch pedal went soft and a...

Hello. If your clutch pedal went soft and a leak developed then it may very well be possible that the slave cylinder may be bad. If the clutch slave cylinder receives pressure from the pedal, and if it leaks will result in the pedal going soft along with fluid loss. As the slave cylinder is located inside the transmission bell housing, transmission disassembly may be required to determine if it is indeed leaking. If you need to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the clutch and advise on repairs.