Q: Black smoke is coming out of my SUV

My SUV has 80,000 miles on it. I just had new injectors installed about 2,500 miles ago (under recall). Now, I am seeing black smoke out of the right side exhaust. There are also black spots on the rear bumpers and tailgate that look like oil. My SUV is all stock; the check engine light is not on. What could this be?

Hi there. If you are getting that much smoke after the replacement, you need to take the vehicle back. It sounds like you have a defective injector or something that was not installed right. If one of the intake tubes were not reinstalled correctly, then this can occur also. If the Check Engine Light is on, then I usually start by scanning the computer for codes. But I would not attempt to do any of these repairs yourself since it was recently repaired at the dealer. You should take it back to the dealer for them to repair any mistakes that were made on their behalf.