Q: black screen on radio GPS system, dark screen with letters FM and AM never seen before

My screen goes black on the Radio GPS system. When the screen comes back on it is much darker than before and I see the letters FM and AM which I never saw before before the trouble started. What could be wrong?

From the symptoms you have described, there are a few potential issues. The most likely is the navigation unit, a wiring issue, or the radio unit being defective itself. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the electrical components in your car and perform any repairs required.

• black screen on radio GPS system, dark screen with letters FM and AM never seen before