Q: Best Toyota models

Wouldn't it be best to stick with the old '90's to early 2000's models of Toyota as they are mostly metal?

Yes. I drive a ’94 Celica that has 240,000 miles and runs like a clock. Most of the parts are still original on it. It’s amazing. They are amazing cars. Even the Toyotas aren’t as strongly made as they were back then. That said, you’ve got to check for rust if you live up North. Because if they are rust buckets and the frame is all rotten, you don’t want to mess with something like that. But if you live in Texas or California, or in the South somewhere that isn’t around the coast or salt water, then they can last forever.