Q: Best performance upgrade

I want to take out more power from the engine so if I put up an air intake system and a catback exhaust, what difference will it make?

A: Hi there: That’s very hard to answer; as i...

Hi there:

That’s very hard to answer; as it depends on the manufacturer or type of air intake upgrade or exhaust system upgrade you make. However, the biggest mistake most car owners make when trying these upgrades, is they don’t compensate for the changes by also adjusting ignition and fuel flow through ECU upgrades. You might want to consult with a local Honda performance shop about their recommendations on best bang for your upgrade buck; but i’d start with air flow, then proceed to exhaust.