Q: Belts squeaking and air coming out hot

The air in my vehicle starts coming out hot when I idle. I can also hear a squeaking noise around the belt area.

Depending on where the blend door in your air conditioning system is set will determine the temperature of the air coming through regardless of ambient temperature. The linkage could be jammed or broken keeping the air coming from your vents coming out hot. A squealing noise coming from the belt area could be caused from a failed serpentine belt tensioner keeping incorrect tension on the belt causing it to make such a noise. The noise could also be caused by one or more of the pulleys in the belt system with a burned or failing bearing. Also dirt, corrosion, and rust can build up in the grooves of the belt and the pulleys and this can cause a belt system too make unwanted noise. I would recommend having a mechanic come inspect the hot air that is coming out of your vehicle and the squeaking noise from your belt area.

3. Belts squeaking and air coming out hot