Q: Belt shredding

My tensioner pulley is bad and my belt shredded can I replace the belt and run car for a week without shredding another belt

3. Belt shredding

Q: Serpentine belt broke off twice

Hi. You have two belts, one controls the power steering and AC, the other the alternator and water pump. The only thing that breaks a belt like you described is a seized or binding accessory. With the belts off, each...

Q: Intake manifold leaking

Hi. Coolant leaks from the intake manifold are common after the gasket starts to wear away requiring an intake gasket replacement. A mechanic from YourMechanic can diagnose the problem further if you desire.

Q: I have air pockets in my cooling system how do I get them out

The cooling system does not need any special procedures to get the air out of the system except to have the heater to on and warm setting. This will allow the coolant to flow through the heater core and out...