Q: Belt shredding

My tensioner pulley is bad and my belt shredded can I replace the belt and run car for a week without shredding another belt

3. Belt shredding

Q: Oil on bottom of catalytic converter

Hi there. I completely understand about time constraints and your concern about a potential fire hazard. Many people continue to drive their vehicles even if there is oil on the exhaust components as they usually smolder and smoke. However, the...

Q: Engine chirp chirp chrip

Most likely the noise is coming from the drive belt. You can try to spray some wd40 on the belt and see if the noise goes away since the belt may be dried out. If the noise does not go...

Q: DRL won't turn off

Hello there, a few different faults can cause the daytime running lights to stay on. The most likely would be the headlight switch, DRL relay, or a wiring issue. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your...