Q: Belt shredding

My tensioner pulley is bad and my belt shredded can I replace the belt and run car for a week without shredding another belt

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is difficult to tell if you are going to have issues or not. The best option is to consider the past events and how long previous belts have lasted. If you are not in a position to be able to replace the pulley right now, you may not have any other choice. Keep in mind that a broken belt will leave you stranded on the side of the road. The tow fees may be more expensive than the new pulley. We professionally recommend replacing the pulley as soon as possible, and can not tell you if the belt is going to break or not. If you must drive the vehicle, you may want to keep an extra belt in the vehicle in case the replacement breaks. For help replacing the drive belt and the pulley, contact our service department to schedule an appointment at your home or office.

3. Belt shredding