Q: belt is missing, squeeling sound before stopped engine, once stopped saw smoke coming from engine department

I see that one belt in off the pulleys one belt is connected and room for one more belt is missing. i believe is the drive train belt. first the battery light turned on, never did see the temp gauge go up. now i think the battery light came on due to the drive train belt loosing traction or breaking? towed car, turned on car to help move for the tow truck, felt that the power steering did not work...again i think due to the drive train belt not being there. what needs to be checked or replaced, what do i order for the repair? i tried to order a repair for serpentine belt but your mechanic does not accept my license plate number or my vin number. thank you. Ron

Hi there:

In cases like then when you’re not sure what component needs to be replaced, it’s always best to have one of our professional mobile mechanics complete a car is hard to start inspection first. This will allow the mechanic to review your car for damage that is causing the symptoms you’re experiencing and then recommend the right replacement or repairs be completed to resolve your issue.

3. belt is missing, squeeling sound before stopped engine, once stopped saw smoke coming from engine department