Q: Battery wont' hold charge

The battery won't hold charge, and the electrical system is not working consistently. Also, when my car is running, there is a strong gasoline smell.

A: The battery is a critical part of the elect...

The battery is a critical part of the electrical system. It is there to start the engine, but all other functions depend on it performing correctly. If the battery is more than 4 years old, I would just have it replaced and have the charging and starting system tested after that. The battery on your car is located in the wheel well. The gas smell will need to be inspected in person. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and diagnose the gasoline smell and inspect your car's battery.