Q: Battery will not stay charged.

I was in the drive thru at the bank. When I went to pull out I had noticed all of my lights were becoming dim. I checked my battery it was 8.3 volts so I turned my car off and sat for twenty minutes when I tried to start it up it would not start. I had a friend come jump me and was able to get back to my house which was about 10 miles away. I had to have both my head lights and dash lights off and it read a 7.6 while i was driving. I tried to start it up an hour later with no luck. I have checked the fuses nothing is wrong there. I am going to disconnect the battery in the morning when I can see. As the battery is located under neath my back seat

Hello:

On your 2001 Buick LeSabre, there is a series of wires that runs from the battery to the alternator and returns to the battery to allow it to charge. The problem may be with one or several of these wires. It could also be an issue with the alternator specifically, especially if you’ve got lower amps to the headlights and dashboard (as the alternator is responsible for powering those while driving). You might want to have a mobile mechanic complete a battery is draining inspection to determine precisely where the issue exists so you can save time, money and reduce frustration in trying to trace the exact source of this issue.

Anytime the battery is going dead you may have an alternator that is not charging the battery back up after starting the engine. You should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come to your location and check the charging system to see if the alternator is not charging. If the alternator stopped charging then have alternator replaced then have the charging system and starting system rechecked for proper operation.

3. Battery will not stay charged.