Q: Battery voltage malfuction in scanner. 2004 Honda Element

Wired high pitch sound like a loose ground while driving and not moving

Hey there. This may be related to a weak or failing alternator. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging your car’s battery. When an alternator begins to wear out or fail, it may produce a whining sound as you describe. This may also cause a fluctuation in the battery voltage as well due to an erratic charging pattern common with a failing alternator. If you would like to have this addressed, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the charging system and noise, and can follow through with an alternator replacement as needed.

3. Battery voltage malfuction in scanner. 2004 Honda Element