Q: Battery terminal corroded

The battery terminal has corroded, and the wire that feeds the positive terminal is broken. I believe I need a new adapter for the positive terminal.

A: If the battery cable end has considerable w...

If the battery cable end has considerable white debris on it, then I would replace the entire cable, otherwise the problem will come back. Use a battery post cleaner to make optimal contact surfaces for the cable ends. Also, consider using battery cable insulators on top of the battery posts to minimize future corrosion issues. The clamp on battery ends are really only a band aid fix until you can put in a new cable. There is also battery cable end spray protectant, which is usually red in color, and provides a high level of protection. All of these services will often extend battery life significantly, along with much improved reliability. I suggest hiring a certified mechanic to service your battery for you.