Q: Battery runs down after car is idle

Battery runs down after car is idle.

A: Hi there! Your problem sounds like an issue...

Hi there! Your problem sounds like an issue with your charging system; more specifically, the alternator.

The alternator is a major component in the charging system whose job is to maintain the battery charge during vehicle operation. Something as simple as a blown fuse could impede the alternator's function, or the issue could be more complex.

I would suggest having an experienced mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, inspect the entire charging system to pinpoint the issue and suggest appropriate repairs.