Q: Battery runs down after car is idle

Battery runs down after car is idle.

Hi there! Your problem sounds like an issue with your charging system; more specifically, the alternator.

The alternator is a major component in the charging system whose job is to maintain the battery charge during vehicle operation. Something as simple as a blown fuse could impede the alternator’s function, or the issue could be more complex.

I would suggest having an experienced mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, inspect the entire charging system to pinpoint the issue and suggest appropriate repairs.

3. Battery runs down after car is idle