Q: Battery or alternator?

As I was coming down the road, my radio started messing up. Its like the songs was skipping. Well I turned the volume up and turned my ac on. Next thing I know my car cuts off. I got my uncle to jump it and it cranked. When I turned it off to see if it will crank, it wouldn't. The radio works and if I have my key in, then it beeps if I have the door open. It tries to turn over but won't. Is this problem my alternator or battery or something else?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This suggests yo...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This suggests you may have a charging system issue which may be related to the alternator not charging the battery properly or potentially the voltage regulator not allowing it to charge properly. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home or office to diagnose your charging system to determine the cause.