Q: Battery or alternator?

As I was coming down the road, my radio started messing up. Its like the songs was skipping. Well I turned the volume up and turned my ac on. Next thing I know my car cuts off. I got my uncle to jump it and it cranked. When I turned it off to see if it will crank, it wouldn't. The radio works and if I have my key in, then it beeps if I have the door open. It tries to turn over but won't. Is this problem my alternator or battery or something else?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This suggests you may have a charging system issue which may be related to the alternator not charging the battery properly or potentially the voltage regulator not allowing it to charge properly. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home or office to diagnose your charging system to determine the cause.