Q: Battery not holding a charge

I replaced the battery twice. Last time I was assured it had a 100 percent charge. When I went out to start, the car was dead with no sound of any kind. In addition, my rear end is nearly touching the ground. I have air ride shocks and they will not raise. What can be done to fix this?

Hello. I don’t think your battery is the problem. I think you have a problem with your alternator not charging the battery properly, and as a result the battery is unable to hold a charge. Your air ride needs the air pump in order to pump air into your shocks. If the battery is not charging properly the pump will not work and the shocks will not raise up. Have a certified technician take a look at the vehicle to verify why your battery won’t hold it’s charge.

3. Battery not holding a charge