Q: Battery needs replacement.

The battery has an extremely low charge. The car will not start and the battery will not charge using the charger we bought. I think it might need a new battery.

Hi there. Your vehicle requires a certain amount of voltage to crank the engine and start. If the battery voltage does not hold and maintain 12.65 volts then it more than likely needs to be replaced. If the battery charger will not get the battery up to the right voltage then either the charger is defective or the battery has failed completely. A completely dead or internally shorted battery will not accept a charge. To have this tested, you should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.com.