Q: Battery Light is on

My battery light stays on after starting of vehicle but goes off when I accelerate

A: This may suggest a few different possible f...

This may suggest a few different possible failures, such as a weak battery, a weak or failing alternator, or potentially a bad voltage regulator. When the charging system detects a weaker than normal amperage in the system, this may cause the Battery Light to come on. As you accelerate and the RPM's increase, the alternator begins to charge the battery at a more rapid pace due to the fact that the alternator is driven by the engine speed. I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the Battery Light is on and suggest any necessary repairs.