Q: Battery light

The battery light keeps coming in but it is not the battery or alterator. Will not crank immediately after turning off but will after it cools down

A: Hello there, in rare cases your 2004 Dodge ...

Hello there, in rare cases your 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan may show the battery light with a working battery. To make sure the alternator and battery are okay they are placed under a load test, this will test how much each outputs. The battery light is on when the charging system voltage drops below a specified range. This can be caused by the battery, alternator, battery cable, wiring harness fault, fuse, or alternator voltage regulator.

A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your charging system issue and make any repairs required.