Q: Q: Battery light

The battery light keeps coming in but it is not the battery or alterator. Will not crank immediately after turning off but will after it cools down

Hello there, in rare cases your 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan may show the battery light with a working battery. To make sure the alternator and battery are okay they are placed under a load test, this will test how much each outputs. The battery light is on when the charging system voltage drops below a specified range. This can be caused by the battery, alternator, battery cable, wiring harness fault, fuse, or alternator voltage regulator.

A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your charging system issue and make any repairs required.

3. Q: Battery light