Q: Battery keeps dying, TRAC ight on

I bought my car brand new and was surprised that only after a month, the car started to have some problems. I went to the dealership numerous times but they didn't help. The issue is that the battery keeps dying for some reason. I've had it replaced multiple times, since I purchased the car. Each time at the delaer's, I was told that everything is fine. I now have another issue. I cannot shift gears due to my TRAC light being on. What could be causing this?

Hello. It is possible that the alternator is not charging properly, which could cause the battery to be overworked and die out. If the interior lights are being left on, or if the radio is pulling power when it should be, this would drain the battery. When you are unable to shift gears, this is usually an indication that the transmission is faulty and this will cause the TRAC light to be on. It is also possible that there is a problem with the shifter, shift selector cable, or other mechanical parts of the shifter that have failed. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection of your electric system, as well as an inspection to pinpoint your gear shifting problem.

3. Battery keeps dying, TRAC ight on