Q: Battery keeps dying for no apparent reason

The battery on my car keeps dying out. I had it replaced several times. The last one I installed was an expensive Nissan battery. The dealership checked the battery and the car. Everything checks out fine. But, the battery keeps dying out if it sits for more than a couple of days. It was jump-started several times. There is obviously something that keeps draining the battery, but they don't know what it is. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

A: Hello. If the battery and alternator are fi...

Hello. If the battery and alternator are fine then I would test the ignition switch. It will commonly stay on and cause this. If it is fine, then an amperage draw test needs to be done on the vehicle. If all of the electronics are stock, then the issue may be a sticking relay. I have had the main fuse box fail internally and cause this a few times on this vehicle and the amperage draw test will identify this as the issue. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your battery.