Q: Battery harness got damaged

My Check Engine light is on. The diagnostic gave me error code P1684. My battery harness got damaged and I am not sure how.

The fault code P1684 is a code stored for battery power being lost. Due to the amount of amperage that the vehicle electrical system and battery handle the battery harness should be repaired immediately as danger of fire or battery damage including the battery exploding can result. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to repair the battery harness safely and inspect the area where the damage occurred. They will be able to identify what caused the cable damage and replace the battery cable for you if needed.

3. Battery harness got damaged