Q: battery drained and truck not starting

I believe that either my battery or alternator are not working. My battery gauge was reading very low and I started to lose power. I turned off the radio and AC, and gained enough power to get me home. Now, the truck only makes clicking sounds and won't start.

Hi. The battery light indicates a problem in the charging system. It does indeed sound like your alternator has failed and your battery is discharged. The battery is basically a storage device that must be continuously charged by the alternator. A professional will be able to inspect the battery light and repair the damaged parts.

3. battery drained and truck not starting