Q: Q: Battery drain.

I replaced my battery at autozone a couple of weeks ago, although I am not really sure why, but they did say that it may be weak. since replacing, I have had the battery light come on twice, but it went away. they replaced the battery today and said that it drained by 50% pretty quickly so they said there was a drain on the system, although never had a problem until just after replacing the battery. I did notice a very tiny wire in the battery compartment that goes nowhere and wonder if that got cut? but they said the wire was like that when they initially replaced the battery. going out of town tomorrow so would love a quick answer if possible.

This suggests you may have an alternator that is not working properly. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for keeping the battery charged properly. There is also a unit called a voltage regulator that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. Either of these two components, when not working properly may cause the battery to be drained prematurely as you describe. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

3. Q: Battery drain.