Q: Battery died out on me while driving. Bought a new one runs OK, But the bat light on the dash flickers. Both batteries test at 13

Battery died out on me twice while driving. Bought a new one runs OK, But the bat light on the dash flickers still. Both batteries test at 13+ volts when hooked into the car. Alternator tested bad at AutoZone but car still starts and runs with new battery, has been for a few days. I unhook the negative cable at night to keep it from draining. Is it possible the alternator is the problem and will still work for now just on its way out? Or is alternator not the problem. It's in a pretty crazy place under the hood wanted to make sure that would fix the issue before I get down and replace it.

If your red battery light is coming on, this indicates that the battery is not being charged. A good charging voltage with the engine running should be at above 14 volts. If the charging voltage is anything below 13.9, I would suspect a problem with the charging system. You will usually want to see above 14 to consider the charging system functional.

3. Battery died out on me while driving. Bought a new one runs OK, But the bat light on the dash flickers. Both batteries test at 13