Q: Battery connected backwards and won't start

The battery in my car was connected backwards. I replaced the blown relays that are in the fuse box. There is full power to all acc, but the car just won’t crank and it won’t turn over. So I jump-started the starter and it’s working, but it’s not getting the signal. Everything else in the car works fine, as far as I can tell. What should I do next to find the solution?

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a failed main fuse. If the fuses have been replaced then it is more than likely a bad module. In most cases the engine control module will fail when the battery is jumped backwards.

The computer needs to be scanned with a scan tool to see if it is powering up and seeing sensor signals. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home to diagnose your starting problem. An accurate repair can be made one the problem has been pinpointed.

3. Battery connected backwards and won't start