Q: Battery change radio in LOCK mode

Changed battery and didn't know the rradio code so after too many attempts it's in LOCK mode. Tried calling the 800 number to put in scrambled code but just hung up on me. Tried acc power on for 90 minutes and still in LOCK MODE. Dealer wants $150 to reset it. Please help

In order to get the radio code you need to follow these instructions step by step.

1. Turn the ignition on but keep the radio off.
  2. Press the number 2 and 3 button and a three digit code is displayed. Write the code down.
  3. Press the AM/FM button and another three digit code should show up. Write this code down.
  4. Now you can call or go to the dealer service department and give them the 6 radio code numbers you got.
  5. They will give you a 4 digit code. If the code starts with a zero then ignore the zero and go to the last three digits.
  6. Using the code you got with radio still off press the minutes button to match the last two digits you got. For example, if the code is "0623" enter the "23."
  7. Using the hour button then enter the digit you got that is the number just right of the zero. For example, if it is 0623: enter the number 6 or if number is 1623 enter 16.
  8. Then press AM/FM and the radio should say "SEC" then turn on radio button and radio should work.

If you cannot get the lock code then the only alternative is to pay the dealer or replace the radio with an aftermarket one. Unfortunately, the dealer’s help is key for resetting this.