Q: Battery cable issue - 1999 Chrysler 300M

If the positive battery cord isn't working correctly would it not charge my battery when the car is running? I think it has a short in it a guy cut the positive cord n pop it it in the top terminal

Depending on how this was done, you may have shorted out the positive terminal to the ground by inadvertently completing the circuit to ground. When this happens, the positive terminal will not produce any current because it does not have a return path to the negative post. This will then cause no power to be delivered to the car. If you need assistance with this, I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and service your battery cables. Best of luck.