Q: battery

Will jump off if you put the red cable end to the postive and the ground cable to a bolt on car .will just go dead going down road

Hi! You must discontinue this process as it will cause damage to the vehicle’s battery. If the battery is not receiving a sufficient charge from the alternator, the battery may drain while driving the vehicle down the road. My recommendation is to have the battery, starting, and charging systems assessed to figure out why the battery is not receiving the proper charge. In many cases, an alternator failure shows symptoms similar to yours. If you decide that you need some help with these checks, I’d suggest enlisting an expert technician who can come to you in order to diagnose the issue with your battery and perform any repairs that are necessary.