Q: Car will not Start. Battery Issue?

Friend of mine gave me they're car. They said it's been sitting for 4-6 months. Battery corroded got a new one... Since the car sat so long do I leave the car alone for like a hour great then try and crank it? Because right now the wipes come on the radio everything..jus not cranking

Hello. There’s a possibility that the corrosion from the battery terminals have spread into the wires which is preventing sufficient power supply to the vehicle. The wires leading to the battery should be inspected. Likely after leaving the vehicle sitting for so long the security system lost its programming to the key, that key will likely have to be reprogrammed to the vehicle. To help void the security system out as the problem you should hear the starter click every time you attempt to turn the key. If the starter does not click it is a sign that the security system lost it’s memory, corrosion in the wiring preventing sufficient voltage signal, or a bad starter. Please keep in mind that the technicians here at YourMechanic are able to perform such diagnostics, reprogramming and repair.

You are able to find a mobile technician and schedule an appointment for your vehicle here

https://www.yourmechanic.com

3. Car will not Start. Battery Issue?