Q: Battery

Ok guys this is random but my gf has a 2001 Mustang and she left the light on but and can't get it to start using jumper cables I say he's (her father) got a bad connection between the two cars bc ive seen a car started without a battery in it by hooking straight to the leads now it wouldn't stay running bc it doesn't have a complete circuit if u removed the cables so my question is even if a battery is completely toast you should still be able to jump the car given enough amps from the other car right?

Hello, thank you for writing in. A vehicle this new will not start without the battery. The charging circuit is designed in such a way that the alternator needs the battery to run the vehicle. Take the battery to have it tested at your local parts store. If it tests bad, then you will need to replace it. If you think there is a bad connection, verify the vehicle’s battery cables are in good condition, and that the battery’s ground connection is clean, dry, and tight. You can always attempt to jump start the vehicle again if you think there was a mistake the first time. The vehicle is likely experiencing a dead or failed battery due to the slow drain. If the battery was getting old to begin with, this may have led to its failure.