Q: BATTERY AND BRAKE LIGHT ON AND WONT GO OVER 20 MPH

I noticed yesterday that the battery and brake lights were on when I cranked my car. The car ran fine. I went out last night to run an errand, the lights were off and it still ran fine. This morning the lights were on again and stayed on. Then i began to lose power as I went to take off from a red light. it wouldn't go more than 15 or 20 mph. i pulled into a parking lot and turned the car off. I went to crank it and it wouldn't crank. I tried again and it cranked but still had little power. A few minutes later the dash lights went off and I had full power. What could this be?

It sounds like you may have a faulty or sticking brake light switch. When this happens, this creates a draw on the battery and the electrical system as the power is being directed to the brake lights. As a result of the brake lights staying on for an extended period of time, it may be possible that there was a significant drain on the battery which would explain the lack of power at the red light. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your brake light and inspect your charging system and battery.

3. BATTERY AND BRAKE LIGHT ON AND WONT GO OVER 20 MPH