Q: BATTERY AND BRAKE LIGHT ON AND WONT GO OVER 20 MPH

I noticed yesterday that the battery and brake lights were on when I cranked my car. The car ran fine. I went out last night to run an errand, the lights were off and it still ran fine. This morning the lights were on again and stayed on. Then i began to lose power as I went to take off from a red light. it wouldn't go more than 15 or 20 mph. i pulled into a parking lot and turned the car off. I went to crank it and it wouldn't crank. I tried again and it cranked but still had little power. A few minutes later the dash lights went off and I had full power. What could this be?

It sounds like you may have a faulty or sticking brake light switch. When this happens, this creates a draw on the battery and the electrical system as the power is being directed to the brake lights. As a result of the brake lights staying on for an extended period of time, it may be possible that there was a significant drain on the battery which would explain the lack of power at the red light. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your brake light and inspect your charging system and battery.