Q: Battery and alternator issues.

I have recently bought a new battery an alternator had it put on ..But it still says check charging system. Why is that ?

My car has an automatic transmission.How can i fix this problem ?

A: This may suggest a failing voltage regulato...

This may suggest a failing voltage regulator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. When the voltage regulator is not working properly, this may result in the alternator allowing too much power to be delivered to the battery resulting in damaging wires and prematurely sometimes destroying the battery. In other cases it may result in the alternator not supplying enough power to the battery, resulting in undercharging the battery or not charging it at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s charging system.