Q: Barely idles, shakes, shuddering when accelerating

I drove my 85 Chevy S10 Blazer from Washington to Montana and since my arrival my car has progressively run worse. It has gotten to the point where I have to floor the gas pedal to get the car to turn over and hold the pedal halfway down to get it to idle at all. When driving the engine seems to shudder when accelerating but smooths out once it shifts and when it's coasting. Air/fuel ratio hasn't been adjusted which needs to be done (4k altitude difference), but I am worried there is more wrong.

Hi there. Although the difference in altitude may be an issue, it typically would not create vibration or a rough idle. In most cases, this is due to a restriction in fuel flow, or damaged to a fuel or ignition system related component. It could also be due to a vacuum line that is damaged. It’s a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete an engine inspection to determine what is causing your issues.

3. Barely idles, shakes, shuddering when accelerating