Q: Banging and jerking

Hello I just pick up my car from mechanic but I am still experiencing the problem. I took the car in because when I break quickly or frequently and press the gas I hear loud bang in the back and it feels the car don't want go I have to press the gas hard. Can you please help me or it's possible to get my money back. The mechanic said it was the controls arm bushes and he replaced but the problem is still there

A: Control arm bushings are a common failure o...

Control arm bushings are a common failure on your car, so I doubt that the mechanic sold you something you didn’t need, but it may not be all the trouble that you have. There are a number of suspension links that could be giving you the same problem. I wonder though about your remark about having to push the gas pedal hard to go. It could be that your brakes are dragging or maybe that you have a parking brake mechanism that sticks. These things happen more frequently in Northern climates, but can happen anywhere. If you think you need a second opinion, you should contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your car and tell you what needs to be done.