Q: Bad thermostat causing overheating

I have a problem with my truck overheating. I think it could possibly be the thermostat.

If your coolant level is normal, your thermostat could be to blame. The thermostat is a bi-metal component, the opens when hot and closes when  cool to regulate engine temperature. If it is not opening, the coolant cannot circulate through the radiator and cool off before circulating back though the engine. A trained technician, like one from YourMechanic, can easily diagnose and repair the overheating issue.

3. Bad thermostat causing overheating