Q: Bad smell within washer fluid - 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500

I recently purchased this car used and the washer fluid has a very bad smell. I want to change it, but the location is causing great difficulty in reaching it. It is directly in front of the battery. Chevy designed this reservoir in a very difficult and inconvenient place. How can we dump out the washer fluid or remove the reservoir and dump it?

A: If it is impossible or impractical to remov...

If it is impossible or impractical to remove the washer fluid reservoir to clean it, you might consider, disconnecting the washer hoses under the hood, connect them to an empty bucket, tadd bleach or tri-sodium phosphate (old style laundry detergent) into the reservoir, then use the windshield washer pump to pump the old fluid out of the reservoir. Refill with clean fluid, and be on your way.