Q: Bad smell coming out of the air vents when running air

Bad smell coming out of the air vents when running air

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help. This is often a common issue with a bad cabin filter. This is a paper element that works similarly to an air filter for your engine, but filters the air that comes into the car's cabin. When this is dirty or has picked up something into one of the car vents, this can emit an odor into the cab. I would recommend having this changed at your next service as it will not harm the car in any way.

Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to perform your next oil and filter service for you.