Q: Bad shudder or chugging

Purchased a van and on road home the van felt like a major chugging and banging in the dash came of the gas and became fine again felt like I was getting tugged back ... the staring wheel is of slightly there is a slight pull to the left and there is also a small click sound when taking off ... I also had a advicsory on mot for bad brake disks can't get to the bottom of the really harsh jurking off the van while driving at 50mph any help please

A: Hi there: Unfortunately, without knowing w...

Hi there:

Unfortunately, without knowing what type of van you purchased or other details about the vehicle, it’s hard to pinpoint what might be going on with the vehicle. In most cases, a pull in the front end is caused by misaligned or broken suspension parts, or damaged tires. Chugging and banging sounds are commonly caused by reduction in fuel flow to the motor or ignition problems. If you’d like, one of our mechanics can complete a used car inspection for you to make sure you can repair what might be damaged.