Q: Bad EGR code

I already replaced the EGR valve. Cleaned the tube to the manifold. Replaced the EGR regulator. New TPS. New idle air control valve. But the code keeps showing I'm losing horse power when I step on the gas vehicle looses acceleration. There's a engine ping or knock at the bottom of vehicle. What else could be the problem??

A: Hello and thanks for your question. It seem...

Hello and thanks for your question. It seems that there may be excessive carbon build-up on the cylinders inside your engine. I recommend getting a carbon cleaner for your engine, like engine cleaner or sea foam. It is best to put the cleaner into the vacuum system and have the engine cleaned out.

Make sure that you are doing the cleaning in a well-ventilated area because there will be heavy black soot smoke coming from the tail pipe. If you clean your engine and there is still a ping or knock at the bottom of the vehicle, then you may have an issue with a rod bearing.

Check your oil pressure to see what the pressure is at idle and when throttled. If the pressure is low and rises when throttled, then the bearings on the crankshaft are worn and need replaced. I recommend having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, check out your vehicle's engine.