Q: Bad catalytic converter

I got a reading from auto zone about a bad catalyst but I kept on driving by putting cataclean in my car. Now my car is just smoking a lot from the engine.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello. Typically using chemicals to solve a catalytic converter issue will only prolong the issues from getting worse. These products are not necessarily intended to be used as a fix, but as an additive to an engine that is working well. This brand in particular advertises as a catalytic converter and fuel system cleaner. At this point you are going to want to start from scratch. The first step is to find out why the engine is smoking. This may have been why you were receiving a code about the catalytic converter in the first place. That is hard to tell without knowing what that original code was. While a clogged catalytic converter can cause the engine to produce smoke, only further testing can associate the two symptoms. You may want to have the vehicle inspected by a technician.

3. Bad catalytic converter