Q: Bad battery cables or terminals?

My car battery is having issues starting. I think my battery cables are going bad, or I have a problem with my battery terminals and battery cables.

Your car not starting may be a result of many possibilities, however you are on the right track. First try checking the terminals to be sure they are not corroded, dirty or have a poor connection. Also, check the cables to be sure they are free from breaks in them or exposed wire. If this all checks out, you may have a weak or dead battery. There are a few reasons why this may also be the case such as a bad grounding problem or a failing alternator. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car to properly diagnose your starting problem.

3. Bad battery cables or terminals?