Q: Backfiring and corvette will not start

My corvette backfired and then would barely move when pressing on the accelerator and kept backfiring. Also, when I lifted the engine it had a electrical smoke smell. The computer module was very hot to the touch. Poured small amount of water on the module to cool down. The car will not start now, the engine spins and tries to start.

A: If your computer module was fried to the po...

If your computer module was fried to the point you could smell it, then you have more problems than a burned out module. You have a shorted harness or ignition distributor that is shorted and that has fried the module also. The only thing I recommend here is to have a mechanic detect where the burning smell is coming from and see what shorted the engine module out. From there, they can let you know what potential repairs should be done.