Q: Back end bounces jolts

I own a Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum. The truck's back end bounces and comes down with a jolt quite often. The truck is rough while I’m driving and doesn’t feel safe. It’s not sitting low to the ground or lower than it should. The truck is at sits level. The air compressor works for the suspension. There are no warning Malfunction Indicator Lights on the dashboard. The truck has a magnetic ride control. Do you know what the problem is?

A: Hello, I will be happy to assist you. I don...

Hello, I will be happy to assist you. I don't think it's a problem with the Magnetic Ride Control because an issue with one of those systems would likely cause a Check Engine Light or service light. However, the rear shocks have been known to fail prematurely and leak.

I suggest to have a technician evaluate the shocks and front struts for any leakage. If fluid is leaking from the shock or strut it won't have the proper gas it needs to create cushions for the vehicle when going over bumps. Of course this will result in the bumpy ride.

Feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can properly diagnose your suspension system and address any issues that arise.