Q: Axle won't snap all the way back in after replacing motor

Axle won't snap back in all the way after replacing motor.

If you are referring to the transmission end of the CV axle shaft, you should orient the snap ring (on the splined shaft) such that the opening of the snap ring is completely downward (toward the floor). If the opening is "upward" (toward the ceiling) it will be extremely difficult to push the axle in. Be sure the snap ring is in good condition and not distorted. The preferred practice is to use a new snap ring but if the old one is not damaged, you will be OK. If you have further difficulty, please feel free to re-contact YourMechanic and/or request axle replacement which can be performed during a mobile visit to your location.