Q: automatic gear box problem

good day i have a 2004 daihatsu sirion my problem is when i engage D it takes a second or two to do so (only in drive) also when im driving if i whant to accelarate it feels like it goes in nutral then the gear bangs into place also when i slow down and accelarate lightly . i changed ATF and there was no metal shaving in the oil pan

An issue felt after your transmission’s gear is changed is going to be a problem with the valve body or the valve servos, as it could be binding before gear changed. I recommend having the system scanned and pressure tested by an experienced transmission mechanic.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help you diagnose your driving symptoms to confirm my suspicions and suggest an accurate repair. Best of luck.

3. automatic gear box problem