Q: Auto Zone said the case regulator vail is bad. What is that?

the engine light came on, took it tot auto zone and they said the case regulator vail is bad? help please

A: If you are referring to the crankcase press...

If you are referring to the crankcase pressure regulator valve (CPRV), that valve is a part of your car engine’s crankcase ventilation or breather system. A common application is on Audi models. If you have an Audi please note that in 2014, Audi agreed to reimburse owners of certain vehicles from the 2009-2010 model years, including the Audi A4 and Audi A5, and the 2011 Audi A4, Audi A5, and Audi Q5 models with the engine code of CAEB for replacement of the CPR valve and other components such as seals. In 2015, there was also an Audi service campaign involving this valve on Audi vehicles with the 2.0L TFSI engine. If you are referring to a different engine component (i.e., a part other than the CRPV), please write back in with the Diagnostic Trouble Code that you were given as well as the year, make and model of your car, and any malfunction symptoms that you are observing. If you have an Audi and the trouble code you were given does refer specifically to the crankcase pressure regulator valve, an alternative for you is to simply set up a Check Engine Light Diagnostic now with a certified mechanic from YourMechanic and he or she will diagnose whatever codes are being reported and advise you as to what repairs are needed. This diagnostic can be done on a mobile basis right at your home as the mechanic will travel to your location. The Mechanic can, of course, effect the necessary repairs, too, once the diagnostic is complete and the malfunction is identified.