Q: AT transmission problem

When I drive my car easily everything is fine but if I have to accelerate my N light will start to flicker like it's got a short or something then stop when I quit accelerating it cut my check engine light on if I accelerate to hard so I pull the code and it was transmission range sensor I replaced it but it didn't fix the problem what could this be ... Also my transmission fluid looks to be a little overfilled I it's bought the car about 2 months ago and I haven't messed with the transmission or fluid could this be causing the problem ?

Hi. The problem you’re describing seems similar as a problem with the transmission position sensor, which typically can send a similar error code as the range sensor.

The overfilled transmission fluid could cause the light to flicker, but that sounds more electronic as opposed to hydraulic. A good idea to consider would be to have your transmission flushed first, then contact a local certified mechanic to diagnose the warning light if the transmission flush doesn’t help the issue.