Q: At idle, my car uncontrolably surges rpm up to 2500rpms.

At idle, my car uncontrollably surges rpm up to 2500rpms. I can smell unburnt fuel. I check for vacuum leaks, Could not find any. I first cleaned out the Air Idle Control Senor, No luck,,, second I replaced it with one off a donor car from a salvage yard. I replaced some vac hoses, and the PCV valve. I replaced the valve cover gaskets (oil leaks), check and re-gaped the spark plugs. Disconnected the battery to reset the CPU... I checked the distributor. I cleaned some senor connections with electrical cleaner. I replaced the CPU about 1 1/2 yrs ago for a donor car from a salvage yard.

I am at a lost at figuring this out... unfortunately I do not have the money to have a "diagnostic" done on it. 1993 Honda Civic DX 5speed Manuel 1.5L

What else can I try.... I state (TX) inspection is due in two weeks.. I need to have this problem fix by that time.

Kate chillwill2230@hotmail.com

3. At idle, my car uncontrolably surges rpm up to 2500rpms.