Q: At a dead stop you can floor it and it moves the shifter into neutral on its own.

just had a new motor put in and had no problems before but now if i was to pull out in front of a semi and floor it from a dead stop its throwing its self into neutral but if u take off normal it doesnt do it

Hi there. Check the engine and transmission mounts and see if they are allowing the transmission to move around. It is possible that the transmission is moving around and catching the shifter linkage and pushing it into a neutral position. This would explain why the shifter does not move when driving normally. If you need further assistance with with your shifter moves into neutral as the engine is throttled hard, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. At a dead stop you can floor it and it moves the shifter into neutral on its own.