Q: Are rear struts from a 2003 Buick LeSabre capable to go on my 1998 Grand Prix?

I want to replace my rear struts from a 1998 Grand Prix from a 2003 Buick lasabre

Hello - according to the interchange manuals, yes, the rear struts are interchangeable for these 2 GM vehicles. I would certainly compare them visually before disassembling your Grand Prix, just to be sure. If you need assistance, I recommend strut replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

The part number for the Grand Prix rear strut is 22400003 and the number for the Buick is 22064809 for the right hand side and 22064808 for the left hand side. So, the answer is no, they’re not interchangeable.

3. Are rear struts from a 2003 Buick LeSabre capable to go on my 1998 Grand Prix?